Friday, June 3, 2011

May was the birthday month!

Last month there were several family birthdays, with my sister Margaret, then my daughter Bec, then my Mum on her 99th, and James and Eve on their first. My sister Margaret organised a Party for Mum's 99th. A number of family members were able to come, including my brother's two daughters Anathea and Brione. Some other family members were away in Sydney or Perth and sent their greetings.
Anathea with Bec
Brione with Lily

Wally French from Ashburton Pres Church
Marg and daughter Michelle with Mum

It's my birthday soon. May I have this badge?
I would like this badge too for my birthday!
Eve on her bike. Where's that horn?

James is off. See you later!

Mum enjoyed her box of chocolates and they kept her bright and alert for the two hours of party. She enjoyed greetings from various members of her extended family, and also from Elizabeth Cutler from Brighton, an elder in the Presbyterian Church there. Her friends from Ashburton Presbyterian Church also sent their greetings.

We thank God for each one of our family, and our interactions with them. We don't know if Mum will reach her hundredth birthday or not, but she is looking forward to moving on to her real home in heaven.

3 comments:

  1. Noel:

    Nice post. And nice to stay "connected" with you, in even this small way, after all these years!

    One question: Who is that girl who looks just as I remember Joy looked 35 years ago--the girl on the right in the "Anathea with Bec" photo at the top of the page . . . or the "James is off" photo at the bottom. I have to assume she must be your daughter. Is she the "Bec" in the first photo? And is she your daughter? Or am I completely mistaken?

    Blessings to you and yours!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear John, that is correct. First came Miriam, the Rebecca, then Paul, and finally Josh born in Melbourne (Australia). You can see them in our earlier blog at http://noelandjoyfamily.blogspot.com/

    Thanks for your correspondence with Joy. She appreciated that.
    Blessings,
    Noel

    ReplyDelete